Happy Canada Day Everyone!
It sure was hot outside in the Okanagan today, but even hotter in my studio! I was making medium!
I create my medium at an 8:1 ratio of naturally filtered white beeswax and damar resin. I can make other mixes to order.
I have been using this blend for years now and love it for all of my encaustic applications:
- As a first layer for my paintings (more layers if going straight on wood)
- To thin heavily pigmented encaustic painting blocks
- To help create a sky when blended with other colours on my iron
- An excellent binder when creating collage or securing found objects
- And so much more!!!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Encaustic, Encaustic Art Supplies, Encaustic Medium, Encaustic Painting, Encaustic Wax